See Dan York's detailed post on the new features as well his video demonstration below.
Other new features
- Improved chat management: you can sort chats in the drawer and set priorities to chats
- Quick Add: it’s now much easier to add people to chats
- Mood message chat: see mood message updates from your friends as chat messages similar to a mood messages like Twitter, chat prioritization and a number of other options
- Large profile pictures: just like Skype 4.0 Beta 2 for Windows, you can now use images of up to 256 x 256 pixels
- Hidden avatars in incoming contact requests: a small minority of Skype users have profile pictures which others may find unpleasant, and so they’re now hidden by default in contact requests
- Add notes to contacts: you can add notes to a contact in their profile window – handy for keeping track of who’s who.