eMarketer estimates that US video advertising will climb to $7.8 billion this year and social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter continue to attract and build content partnerships. Animoto CEO Brad Jefferson sees video as a huge opportunity for businesses to engage with consumers:
"The growth of online video marketing in recent years has been tremendous," said Jefferson. "Today, there are more than 7 billion videos watched every day on Facebook and YouTube. Historically, in order to create and distribute high-quality video to your customers it was cost-prohibitive for all but the largest brands. However, today's tools and platforms ensure that small and medium businesses can reach their audiences where they hang out online. This represents one of the biggest marketing opportunities for small businesses in a long time."
Three key themes emerged from the study, data presented below is directly from the press release:
1. Video Marketing Resonates With Consumers (Video drives brand lift)
- 63 percent of consumers say companies that use video know how to reach their customers
- One quarter of consumers lose interest in a company if it doesn't use video
- 56 percent of consumers believe that if a company has a website, it should have video
- 84 percent of all consumers said that they have liked a company video that has appeared in their newsfeed
- 43 percent of consumers are more likely to read email newsletters that include links to video
- 56 percent of consumers have watched a company video that came through email
- Nearly half of all consumers have shared a company video on their own social media profile
- 80 percent of consumers say a video showing how a product or service works is important when learning about the company
- 56 percent of consumers says customer testimonials are helpful when purchasing a product/service
- About half of customers say that 'about the company' videos are the most helpful when purchasing a product/service
About Animoto: Animoto makes it easy for businesses to create effective, professional videos within minutes with no video editing experience. Businesses use Animoto to enhance and promote their brands, drive website traffic, increase sales, and create dynamic email, social and online marketing campaigns.Founded in 2006, Animoto is based in New York City with an office in San Francisco. For more information go to: http://animoto.com/business.