For many businesses, launching an online video portal can be challenging when you don't know what you need to power your video. You may have existing assets and infrastructure, databases, tracking methods, proprietary builds, or you may be starting from scratch. Most companies don't have in-house creative or technical teams, and are faced with the question of build vs. buy vs. free online video solutions. The Online Video Platform Summit addressed many of the needs of the growing population of video publishers looking for solutions to publish their online video content. It's interesting to note that three of the four presenters on this webinar, Alex Castro, Bismarck Lepe and Ron Yekutiel, were also speakers on our opening Online Video Platform Summit session, Defining Online Video Platforms, which was also moderated by Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen. Additionally, all four companies on this webinar presented their platforms as part of the two Online Video Platform Showcases.
Last month, I covered the Online Video Platform Summit in depth with a series of posts that included videos from each session and related commentary. I listed links to those posts below the announcement for this upcoming free webinar, which is an event you'll not want to miss.
Update: Be sure to check out Jan Ozer's new article on Streamingmedia.com
- Choose Wisely: Selecting An Online Video Platform - Today, if streaming video is at all integral to your enterprise, and if you're currently hosting your own videos or posting them to user-generated content (UGC) sites such as YouTube and Vimeo, it's time to consider using an online video platform. - Thurs., Feb. 25, by Jan Ozer
Online Video Platform Summit posts:
- Online Video Platform Summit: Defining Online Video Platforms
- Online Video Platform Summit: Online Video Platform Showcase, Day 1 - Kaltura, Kyte, VMIX, Delve Networks
- Online Video Platform Summit Keynote - Brightcove CEO Jeremy Allaire, November 18, 2009
- Online Video Platform Summit: Measuring Success
- Online Video Platform Summit: Best Practices Roundtable - Online Video Publishing Strategies and Tools,
- Online Video Platform Summit: Optimizing Video Search and Discoverability
- Online Video Platform Summit: Online Video Platform Showcase, Day 2 - Multicast Media, Datpresenter, Sorenson Media, Ooyala
- Online Video Platform Summit: Redefining Monetization
- Online Video Platform Summit: Building Value with Real Interactivity