"With more than 520 million registered users, making Skype video calling available through connected devices is a natural evolution in its drive to bring video communications to the masses. We look forward to seeing Skype video proliferate on a wide range of embedded devices."
- Free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to other Skype users
- Calls to landline or mobile phones at Skype's low rates
- The option to receive inbound calls via a user's online Skype number
- Skype voicemail, if it is set up
- Being invited to participate in voice conference calls with up to 24 other parties
- Support for up to 720p HD video calls, depending on the availability of high-speed broadband and a HD webcam
"Skype has made video calling easy, free and accessible. Today, 34% of all Skype-to-Skype calls include video. In addition, the number one reason why Skype users enjoy video calling is because it makes them feel more connected to friends and family. This is very exciting for us. TVs are a logical and natural platform for video communications. TVs will no longer be just the center of people’s entertainment experience, but have the potential to be the center of people’s communications experience.”