"Reach is a metric that makes sense to advertisers.
In this respect, Visible Measures tries to give brands a sense of what they call True Reach™. For example, when a movie studio is building up to a movie launch, there are multiple types of video that connect the brand to consumers that affect reach, frequency and impact.
- paid media (buying an ad on a site such as Yahoo, ESPN, NBC, CNN.com)
- owned media (promotional video content uploaded by a brand or its agency to drive traffic and audiences to some destination controlled by the brand)
- earned media (social video and viral video - consumers embedding, emailing or remixing a brand video, or creating their own videos inspired by the brand)
- benchmark against relevant competitors"
- The Viral Video Research Blog | Visible Measures
- About Visible Measures
- Brian's blog Hungry Yet Humble - A blog about entrepreneurship from the front lines of a growing startup
- ScribeMedia.Org: The Business, Technology and Culture of Digital Media | Brian Shin - Visible Measures
- Visible Measures Partners with BETC Euro RSCG to Measure Record-Breaking Evian Roller Babies Internet Video Advertisement
- Beet.TV: Going Deep on Video Viewing Metrics: Visible Measures Tracks Audience Engagement