"In recent years, Cisco, based in San Jose, Calif., has been one of the technology industry’s most aggressive companies when it comes to acquisitions. It has bought close to 40 companies in the last five years, including the $6.9 billion purchase of the set-top box maker Scientific Atlanta and the $2.9 billion purchase of the Web meeting software maker WebEx. This year, Cisco bought Pure Digital, which makes the popular Flip video camera for consumers, for $590 million."
"Moving forward, our diverse mix of partners worldwide will continue to be critical to the success of the combined company. With a combined channel network, TANDBERG's Video Conferencing and Audio Visual partners will be invaluable in helping to broaden the appeal of Cisco's solutions portfolio and a welcome addition to their channel. Systems Integrators and Service Providers will also benefit from a stronger global services and delivery model. The combination of TANDBERG and Cisco will create an organization that will yield significant new opportunities for partners to sell a broader range of products and grow their businesses. Together with our partners, we believe we can drive explosive growth in this market."
- Cisco Makes Recommended Offer to Acquire TANDBERG -> Cisco News
- Cisco Buys Tandberg, a Video Conference Company - NYTimes.com
- Cisco to buy video firm Tandberg for $3 billion | Business Tech - CNET News
- Cisco's Downmarket Videoconferencing Move - BusinessWeek
- Polycom: A potential takeover target following Cisco-Tandberg deal | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com
- Radvision plunges on Cisco-Tandberg proposed deal - MarketWatch
- Larry Kless' Weblog: Tandberg Telepresence T3 Demonstration, An "Immersive Experience"
- Special Edition of the Telepresence Options Telegraph - Cisco Buys TANDBERG, IBM will Provide Telepresence Managed Services - Telepresence Options
TANDBERG is the leading provider of telepresence, high-definition videoconferencing and mobile video products and services. The Company has dual headquarters in New York and Oslo. TANDBERG designs, develops and markets systems and software for video, voice and data communication. The Company provides sales, support and value-added services in more than 90 countries worldwide. TANDBERG is publicly traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker TAA.OL. Visit www.tandberg.com for more information.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.