He titled the presentation, Video + SEO – Not Smoke and Mirrors, Just Best Practices for E-commerce Video Publishing, and explains in the slide set that there's a lot of hype around Video SEO and a general misunderstanding of what it actually is. Mark says, "Video SEO is the application of SEO best practices when publishing online video content to ensure maximum visibility across search engines and ultimately, your target audience."
So, to increase user engagement with your content -- the best practice is a combination of Video + SEO.
View Mark's slides and visit ReelSEO to read the rest. They need ya ;-) Thanks!
- SEO For Video – Collection of Tips & Techniques
- LiveClicker Video Commerce Summit June 1-2
- Creating Persuasive Interactive Video for E-Commerce
- Video SEO Tip – Using SWFObject 2.1 to Provide Alternative HTML Content (Part 1 of 2)
- Reel Success with Video Thumbails in Google Universal Search
- Tips for Avoiding Deceptive SEO
- How to use Google Video XML Sitemaps for Video SEO
- How To Get Your Videos Featured on YouTube
- Google MRSS & RSS2.0 for Video Sitemaps – Tips & Info
- Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video