Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My 100th Blog Post and The Start of Something New

This is my 100th blog post and I want to take this opportunity to thank you all. A big heartfelt thanks to my readers, community members, friends, followers, colleagues and to everyone who has stopped by my blog to read, comment, watch a video or share something.

I started this blog 8 months ago as a way to share my knowledge, ideas, interests and experience within my niche of online video. It has become my main channel of distribution for news and information related to streaming media, collaboration, videoconferencing and online tools for video production and publishing . I've tried to keep the content relevant and share what I've found interesting and worthwhile to read. I've been a video professional in the corporate setting and for many years and I've been wanting to step out on my own and do something different, something new, something my own, something that I've created along the lines of online video consulting for consumers, independent producers, non-profits and corporate clients.

This blog has helped me connect with so may people in a variety of online communities and also help me develop my voice and online strategy. I'm proud to announce that I've founded two new business ventures called OnlineVideoPublishing.com and VideoAllstars.com. I working on the web presence for them now and they'll help me extend the focus of this blog.

One of my first projects for this new venture will be to program and moderate two panel discussions at the next Streaming Media West Conference in San Jose, California from Sept. 23-25th. The two sessions will focus on online video publishing strategies.

Since this is the start of something new for me, or a work in progress, I can only say tuned for details.

Many thanks to you all for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment